Ashley R. Casano, DO
Dr. Casano is dedicated to treating patients with problems affecting the colon, rectum and anus, including cancer and inflammatory bowel disease. She has completed advanced training in the treatment of these problems in addition to full training in general surgery. Her clinical interests include minimally invasive surgery for the colon and rectum. She also performs robotic surgery, treatment for pelvic floor disorders and implementation of enhanced recovery protocols to minimize pain allowing earlier return of function following surgery. Dr. Casano will offer Open Access Scheduling for colonoscopies to patients meeting a set medical criterion.
Ashley Casano, DO, grew up in Arizona. She earned her medical degree from Midwestern University, Arizona College of Osteopathic Medicine in Glendale, Arizona and completed her surgical residency at the University of Arizona, Phoenix Integrated Surgical Residency. Following completion of a comprehensive colorectal surgery fellowship in Utah, Dr. Casano has returned to her home state to advance the health of patients in her community.
Dr. Casano enjoys yoga, running, and spending time with her family.
- Colon, rectal and anal cancer
- Inflammatory bowel disease
- Rectal Prolapse
- Fecal Incontinence
- Colonic inertia
- Robotic, laparoscopic and open treatment of colon and rectal cancer, inflammatory bowel disease, diverticulitis
- Sacral nerve stimulation for fecal incontinence
- Hemorrhoidectomy rubber band ligation
- Surgical treatment of anal fissure, abscesses and fistulas
- Colonoscopies (Open Access Scheduling offered to patients meeting a set medical criterion)
- Banner Desert Medical Center
- Banner Surgery Center
- Center for Advanced Surgery
- Chandler Regional Medical Center
- Mercy Gilbert Medical Center
University of Arizona, Phoenix Integrated Surgical Residency, Phoenix Arizona.
St Mark’s Hospital Colon and Rectal Surgery Fellowship